Escape to the Orient

Guess where I've been recently...
(More on this later, I'll wait for your guesses...)





Update: Sorry if I mislead you (well, to tell the truth, I meant it...).
I didn't have to travel far to see this temple. Actually I didn't travel East, but West, and only for 22 km, about 14 miles, from my home. This is the Zu Lai temple, located in Cotia, a town in the greater São Paulo. It was built just a few years ago. (You can find more pictures here.)
They have a vegetarian cafeteria, a coffee shop, a gift shop, a small museum, and besides the Buddhist activities, they also teach several classes there: Tai Chi, Chinese language, vegetarian cooking, Shiitake mushroom cultivation, Kung Fu...
Surprised? Well, I was, too. A recent tourism ad says that if you can't find something in São Paulo, is because it doesn't exist. I guess this can be used as evidence...

17 comments:

Kerri said...

Um...Japan?
Wherever it is, it's gorgeous.
I just brought home a piece of that same blue salvia to plant in my garden :)
I see you had fun with the camera during your travels. Lucky for us!

Ash said...

Thailand or Japan ??
Wonderful photos. Hope you had a great trip!

sonia a. mascaro said...

China, I guess!
Wonderful photos, Geraldo! I am looking forward to see much more! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Thailand..??
why i am feeling like that!Nice picture series of Budhaa temple :)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

Buddha galore!!! Thailand ???I would not assocaite Buddhism with modern China

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

I will look forward to the answer and the trip pics :)

Cris said...

Geraldo, hum, you got me intrigued here, I know you haven't been abroad lately, so this gotta be in Brazil, but I have no idea where!

Anonymous said...

Great shots Geraldo. Who would have guessed only 22 km. Looks just like it came out of China.

Memories Catcher said...

Great shots.I like it!Beautiful place.I am looking forward to see much more!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

u had us all tricked :DDD

Unknown said...

:)) That is really surprising..
thanks for this wonderful info, Geraldo...!!

Meow (aka Connie) said...

That's beautiful.
We have a few of these temples sprouting up in the outer suburbs of Melbourne these days ... interesting places.
Hope you are well.
Take care, Meow

Luiz Santilli Jr said...

Geraldo, prazer!
Sou um estrangeiro aqui!
You understand me?
Vim pelas mãos da Sonia, grande amiga e competente bloqueira.
Se puder, qualquer hora, me visite em BOS LEITURA

Unknown said...

Geraldo,

Thanks for your nice comment..:)
I agree that two scale units are really helpful...even sometimes i feel that why do we all have different units/systems...It would be really nice to have only one, universal scale which would be easy for quick imagination..:))

So your son reside there...great! have you visited/ will be visiting Milwaukee..?

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

u haven't quit blogging, Geraldo, have you???
hope you are having a good time off the blogging world..:)

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

hope you had a beautiful Christmas and here's wishing you and yours a great new year ahead, Geraldo :)

Ash said...

Happy new year to you and yours!!!