Marathon



Look at their bodies: all muscles, not a bit of fat. Look at their faces: total concentration. More than 33km gone, but still more than 8 to go. And most of the thousands of runners are still in their way in, almost half a race behind...
My compliments to the winners of the São Paulo marathon, run yesterday: Reuben Chepwek, from Kenya (# 8, Michael Mislay, #3, from Tanzania, was second) and Jacquiline Chebor, also from Kenya (Marizete dos Santos, from Brazil, was second). And to all those who participated, even if just for fun.
(The race passes just one block from my home, so that's all the distance I had to run, I mean, walk...)

3 comments:

Cris said...

I wish I had some time to walk a few miles every day, I miss that. They are all so slim, I forgot about the marathon, can you believe that? Thanks for sharing these nice pictures! And I thought you were running to take the pictures, so they were close to your house, the kids would have loved to see that. Have a nice week!

Chica, Cienna, and Cali said...

it was this morning that i was complaining to my husband how sedentary our life style is and how we need to walk more......nice pics....love the concentration on their faces...and the winners' roll reminds me every time we used to have an International marathon back in India...it's always the African runners...and mostly the ones from Kenya who go back with the honors...dedicated atheletes, truly!!!

Ash said...

Indeed!